Friday, February 10, 2012

Homeschool Mother's Journal #4




In my life this week...
I've missed two weeks of posting to this journal - one weekend I was blessed to go scrapbooking with some of my dear friends and the last Friday I was so sick.  I've spent this week recovering.  January has been tough health wise for me.  


I'm also planning a Knitting/Crochet Group that I am really excited about.
In our homeschool this week...
I'm shopping and planning for next year.  I love this part of homeschooling best of all.  :)  I'm considering Biblioplan for our history.  I've used Sonlight (10 years), My Father's World (2 years) and now....???   I just know that we will not be using MFW for Creation to Greeks.  For various reasons it just won't work for us.   There are also a few other ones we are looking at so we'll see...
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share...
It's ok to major on the majors when Mom is sick.  Focus on the big things and let others go.  We've watched a lot of "Liberty Kids" videos this week.  The kids are getting Math, Spelling, Memory work, and Reading done at home and not much else.  Luckily we have Art, Science, and Sign Language at Co-op.  They are doing just fine and I can pick up the slack once my energy level returns. 
I am inspired by...
A clean house...my house does not meet this criteria right now.  UGH!!!! 
My favorite thing this week was...
Starting to feel better!  
What's working/not working for us...
Working - Menu and Grocery shopping.  I made a new Grocery list that I can print off with all my staple items on it and many of the items I cook with a regular basis.  It worked great on the last trip.  We'll see if I need to tweak it. 
Not working - being sick.  Really, this is NOT working for me.
Questions/thoughts I have…
Are others as obsessed with watching "House Hunters" as much as I am? 
Things I’m working on…
Chore Charts, Schedules, and Routines.  See my previous post.
I’m reading…
 Wild Flowers of Terezin  so far it is really good.
I’m cooking…
Our Menu this week was:
Monday - Chicken Noodle Soup
Tuesday - Homemade Pizza
Wednesday - Sub sandwiches
Thursday - Lemon Thyme Crusted Porkchops
Friday - Out
Saturday - Beef Stew
I’m grateful for…
My hubby who works so hard and valiantly tries to pick up the slack for me when I'm sick.  He is so sweet to me.
I’m praying for…
Some friends making some tough decisions...
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

Ravelry  Love this site - totally addictive for Yarn addicts.  :)







The Homeschool Mother's Journal

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. Life is always harder when Mom is sick. Sounds like you are still getting a lot of school done, despite sickness. I am starting to plan for next year too. It's always fun to see what we can improve for the next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, me too! The kids had a belly bug the other week and I think since I'd gotten through most of the week without coming down with it that I was in the clear...nope! It's hard being a sick Mommy!

    ReplyDelete