A few days ago I looked around my house and thought to myself, we've slipped. We are in the post holidays slip. We have let go of the "railing" of routine and fallen down. Our house shows it in every possible corner.
I was sick-ish much of January (including one day when I literally slept 18 hours of the day away) and my poor husband tried valiantly to pick up the slack. But with his working 50 hours a week, my homeschooling the kiddos, and allergies and a severe cold we managed to just keep us fed and in clean clothes and that's about it. I did manage to get a few large-ish projects done. Reorganized the pantry, refrigerator, medicine/vitamin cabinet, make-up drawer, and nightstand...the new bins make me happy. I've done well with projects but the day to day stuff like dusting, baseboards, mirrors...they get pushed aside in favor of the projects I enjoy, like rearranging furniture and organizing pantries.
Time to fix this! Time to reinstate our routines and chores. We've sadly gone lax on chore enforcement and wonder of wonders, the kiddos forget EVERY chore when not held accountable.
We've done all manner of chore charts. Accountable Kids (worked great till all the cards fell off the pegs and landed in the cat's water bowl. Whose idea was it to put that there? Oh yeah, mine.), Dave Ramsey's Check off "thingy" for the fridge, sticker charts, laminated check-off lists. I've also done all manner of cleaning schedules. FlyLady, Motivated Moms, and numerous Blogs. I've had most of those work for a time but then, you guessed it, we slip. I also have to readjust my cleaning/chore schedule every school year as our school and activity schedule is never the same. The day that worked as laundry day for one school year doesn't always work for the next year.
So this week I dragged out my Home Management Binder - the one I haven't looked at since before my sons's wedding last summer - and searched through it for inspiration. IDEAS are now rolling around my head and I'm making lists like crazy. I love this part of any project. And I already made one change to make life easier. I created a grocery list with our staples listed out so I won't recreate this list every week. Oh! Oh! Oh! I forgot, I made one other change. I bought a really pretty binder that makes my Home Management Binder more fun to look at. See, I LOVE this part of any project. The planning, decorating, organizing part. The implementation...not so much.
Below is one column of the list (I honestly have no idea how to put the whole word document here)
DAIRY
q ____ Creamer
q ____ ½ & ½
q ____ Butter
q ____ Margarine
q ____ Sour Cream
q ____ Whipped Cream
q ____ Yogurt J
/ K drink
q ____ Pudding__________
q ____ Cream Cheese (br / t)
q ____ Cheese___________
q ____ Cheese___________
q ____ Cheese___________
q ____ Cheese___________
q ____ _________________
q ____ _________________
q ____ _________________
MEAT, FISH & POULTRY
q ____ Bacon (Micro/Reg)
q ____ Summer Sausage
q ____ lunch meat - ham
q ____ lunch meat - turkey
q ____ Pepperoni
q ____ Lunchables
q ____ _________________
q ____ _________________
q ____ _________________
q ____ _________________
BREADS
q ____ Bagels
q ____ Loaf
q ____ Buns_____________
q ____ English Muffins
q ____ Rolls_____________
q ____ Tortillas
q ____ Cinnamon Bread
q ____ _________________
q _____ ________________
No comments:
Post a Comment