In my life this week...
A fresh start! I love nothing better than a fresh start. New planners, tweaked schedules, clean house, fresh journal, new pens. My Hubby had the day off on Monday so we started back to school officially on Tuesday. I HATED getting up to an alarm, after three weeks of vacation from a schedule, but was actually looking forward to having a routine again. The kiddos had been bored and bickering much of the last week, so Mommy prescribed ROUTINE and schedules. Most of the time I was glad to be back to normal, though I miss sleeping in.
In our homeschool this week...
The kiddos were surprisingly content to get back to our school schedule. Shocked is putting it mildly. We are doing MFW ECC this year and covered France (which my daughter is madly in love with - 8 years old and calls Paris, "my place"). One thing I like about MFW is that I can double up weeks without much trouble. I got a little behind in late November and early December. We hadn't taken a break since August and I was tired. We are also taking a break from Latin for a bit. I find that I tend to do either Latin or Grammar in a day and not both...Grammar and Writing really needs to be our focus right now.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share...
The more you plan the more flexible you can be. I know where we are and where I want to be. I know that I want to be done by May 1st and I know what it will take to get us there. Because of all the planning I do in advance I know that I can drop a day here and there for field trips and sick days and not give it a second thought. No stress if we miss cause I've got a plan.
I am inspired by...
Pinterest - seriously has given me some great ideas this last month. I've gotten more done, been more creative, cooked more, baked more than normal. I love all the ideas.
My favorite thing this week was...
My new favorite pen. I talk it about it on this page.
What's working/not working for us...
Working - being on a schedule again
Not working - getting up earlier, I am struggling with this.
Questions/thoughts I have…
Has anyone used The Picture Smart Bible Curriculum?
Things I’m working on…
Knitting a baby blanket for a friend who is having a baby
I’m reading…
The Host - by Stephanie Meyers. I know, roll your eyes. It is not quality lit but it is a good syfy story.
I’m cooking…
A lot of Pioneer Woman recipes. OH.MY.GOODNESS! Makes me look like a cooking genius.
I’m grateful for…
A healthy family, see below
I’m praying for…
My son and daughter-in-love's Pastor and wife lost their only child this week. She was only 3 years old and was in rejection from a heart transplant. They have been fighting this rejection for over a year. She was running around happy just a few weeks ago...so hard.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
The link I want share is for this Homeschool Mother's Journal link up. Join us!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment