Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Well hello there Blog - long time no see

Hey Blog - I'm terribly sorry I've neglected you.  Life seriously got in the way. :)  There was this little thing called a wedding, and a school year, a wedding,  redoing a kitchen after a water disaster, and a wedding.  Do you notice the theme?

The wedding took over everything.  Our lives, our homes, our minds, our yard.  WHEW!  But it is over, Zach and Megan are happily married and we are getting back to normal while they learn what "their" normal is.  As a mom, I'm curious about everything that is going on in every aspect of their lives but I've completely left them alone.  I just want them to have this new time together to build their own family.

Meanwhile - I can now turn towards our school year.  I had to put organizing and planning on the back burner while we put on a wedding but I am so glad to be getting back to "my job."  I worked hard last week on lesson plans and this week is all about organizing the School room (aka the family room).  Some day I'll figure out how to post pictures (maybe my friend Traci will help me if I beg :) )

Here's what we are doing for school:

Together:
My Father's World - Exploring Countries and Cultures (this has our Bible, Geography/History, and Science)
Shurley English
Latin for Children

Individually they are each doing:
Soaring with Spelling and Vocabulary
Modern Curriculum Press Workbooks
Handwriting Without Tears Cursive (both doing 4th grade level)
Teaching Textbooks Math
Sonlight Readers (Olivia 3rd grade readers and Jake 4th-5th grade readers)

Then they have 3 classes each at co-op:
Jake - Sign Language, Science, Art around the World
Olivia - Sign Language, Handicrafts, Explorers (library)

Jake will do PE once again this year (3 hours) but Olivia hates it so she is adding an extra day of dance.  She starts the more technical classes this year and will do one day of Jazz and one of Ballet.

I'm also debating on piano lessons.  I'm trying to see what we can afford and fit in.  Oh yeah, and they'll do AWANA at a nearby church on Wednesdays.  Our church has it on Sundays but we really crave that day of rest and try not to schedule ANYTHING on Sundays.  We have a lot of friends at this other church so I think it will be fun for the kids.

Hopefully I'll blog more often but I'm not making any promises. :)
TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment